I am trying to get back to me near the top. At the top seems so hard for me with 2 kids not in school yet. It seems like someone always needs something. I know it's stupid to not put me first and foremost, but I haven't quite figured out how to make an almost 2-year-old and almost 4-year-old understand that the world doesn't revolve around them.
I started over with the Couch to 5k program. I just finished Week 2. I didn't want to come post right away, kind of because I needed to prove to me that I was ready to do this again, and was serious about it. Not a "Oh hooray! Look at me!" kind of post.
So, good things about this -
- I started over at a faster pace than I did the first time.
- I know I can do it because I've already been there, run that. :)
- I have the shoes already (and let's face it, every girl needs the right pair of shoes)
- I know how to make it work for me
Not so good things -
- I don't seem to be getting the same runner's high as I was before. It still feels slightly torturous.
- I have been dealing with costochondritis since July, and since I am such a big fan of doctors, well... yeah.
That's how it is now. I know Heidi's been dealing with some stuff too, but she's working on getting back here, too. So don't lose hope in us. We're just struggling a little is all. :)