Friday, October 7, 2011

*ahem* Forget about me?

It's okay.  I did too.  I took myself off the list again.  I let life happen and put lots of other people in front of me and my health.

I am trying to get back to me near the top.  At the top seems so hard for me with 2 kids not in school yet. It seems like someone always needs something.  I know it's stupid to not put me first and foremost, but I haven't quite figured out how to make an almost 2-year-old and almost 4-year-old understand that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I started over with the Couch to 5k program.  I just finished Week 2.  I didn't want to come post right away, kind of because I needed to prove to me that I was ready to do this again, and was serious about it.  Not a "Oh hooray! Look at me!" kind of post.

So, good things about this -

  • I started over at a faster pace than I did the first time.
  • I know I can do it because I've already been there, run that. :)
  • I have the shoes already (and let's face it, every girl needs the right pair of shoes)
  • I know how to make it work for me
Not so good things - 
  • I don't seem to be getting the same runner's high as I was before.  It still feels slightly torturous.
  • I have been dealing with costochondritis since July, and since I am such a big fan of doctors, well... yeah.
That's how it is now.  I know Heidi's been dealing with some stuff too, but she's working on getting back here, too.  So don't lose hope in us.  We're just struggling a little is all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment