Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The One Where I Cried While I Ran Again

Yep.  I did.  I cried again.  But let me explain why...

Today was Week 5 Day 1 which says on CoolRunnings.com
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.
Well, we know that I am no where near the 2 miles thing, but 20 minutes... that seemed pretty far stretched to me, too. 2 weeks ago a 5 minute run scared me.

But I DID IT!!!! Sorry about the screaming, but I just had to.

I ran for 20 minutes and I didn't walk.  I didn't even have to slow the treadmill down.  I've come SO far.  I still have a long way to go, but wow. When I heard the "One Minute Remaining," the tears just came.  I did it. Wow.  I am almost speechless.  Talk about a NSV!  I made it THROUGH Week 5!  And Week 6 doesn't even scare me.

I am loving being my own inspiration and motivation.  I never thought I would get to this point.  When I started, I was at such a low point, and I never thought I would be able to move past it.  This has been bigger than I ever could have imagined it.  And I. am. doing. it.  Nothing beats this feeling.  Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment