Monday, January 24, 2011

A good day!

From my post yesterday I'm sure you can tell that I felt at a stand still. That damned boulder was standing firm in my way. BUT its budged a smiggen. I am starting to peek around it and I can now see and face my journey once again!

Today I have had not one, but TWO NSV's!! TWO!!

Right now I am participating in a couple of challenges. The first challenge is a Shakeology challenge that my beach body coach is hosting. The challenge consists on drinking one Shakeology a day, dieting and exercising, and it is running for 21 days. Each Monday we send in our weight and our measurements. I was able to report that I lost a whopping one pound. Then I got out my tape measure and I realized that I lost 3 inches! I lost 3 inches this week! I even lost in my thighs which is the hardest part for me to lose in! I was very excited, and it motivated me more than anything else has lately. and I lost 1 inch off my hips.

Then I thought to myself "hmm, I wonder if I can fit into those jeans now." For Christmas my mother-in-law bought me some jeans. One pair in a size 22 which fit really well, and one pair in size 20, that were way to small I couldn't button them. I told my husband "That is okay because it won't be long until I can wear them. It gives me something to look forward to." As I was getting dressed for the day I decided to try them on. I pulled them up thinking "this isn't going to be good" but... I got them up. Then I tried to button them... and I was actually able to button them. I was even able to zip them! I cried! I have lost about 74lbs and I had only lost 1 jeans size. Now I can say I've lost 2! I can't believe it. This motivated me even more than the inches lost!

I needed these today. I KNOW I will win this battle!

1 comment:

  1. Those are indeed victories!! Thanks for sharing!

    Bethany
    bgettinghot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete