Friday, February 18, 2011

I Amazed Myself Today!

After my first 10 mile week, I decided 10 miles every week would be my goal.  Last week's long run was a tad thwarted by 3 spills on the ice in less than 24 hours.  Gotta love living in the frozen tundra.  Anyway, last week I only managed to run 3 times, but still got in a solid 6.13 miles, thanks largely in part to the virtual 5k.

This week, I am on track for an 11-mile, yes, ELEVEN, as in 10 + 1, week.  I ran another 5k on Monday, 2 days after the Running Mate 5k.  This one was another virtual 5k for ♥Valentine's Day♥ on dailymile.  I figured I would just get it done, no matter how long it took.  2 days after the first 5k, I had no real hope of any kind of PR, but lo and behold, I finished in 49:21, a full :50 faster!

My long run this week was another 4 miles.  My first 4 mile run, I managed to keep a 17:34mm pace.  Today, I totally blew that out of the water.  4 miles at an average 15:20mm pace.  I've been doing a lot of walk/run intervals on the treadmill.  I have such a hard time running for long periods of time on that stupid thing.  I really have started to think of it as the DREADmill.  I love the running, but I just can't seem to keep running, even though I KNOW I can.  I hope this is still moving me forward, getting me closer to my goals.  I do have to say though, running at 5.0 - 6.5mph is a lot easier now than it was.  I can run that fast for a solid minute at least now, and before, 15 seconds made me feel like I was going to puke or die or both.  So that is progress!

Oh yes, one other thing.  I have *gulp* decided I am going to do the Pinedale Half Marathon in town in September.  I am a tad scared, but since it is walker friendly, I am going to give it my best shot.  I have 7 months to train for it from now, so I am hoping I can walk less than half of it, and run the rest of it. Still working on finding my first 5k - Brian's schedule conflicts with almost every one I have found that is somewhat close to the frozen tundra.

The giveaway closes tonight at 10pm.  I am getting a night out with some girlfriends, so I am not sure when I will get the winner drawn and posted on here.  I fully intend to NOT be home by 10, but stranger things have happened.  If nothing else, early tomorrow morning I will have it up.  The 10pm closing still applies - any comments left after 10pm will be deleted! :)

1 comment: