Sunday, February 13, 2011

Making strides!

So the pun is sort of intended.  :)  Yesterday I ran my second Virtual 5k hosted by Running Mate.  This was the Running Mate Sweetheart Virtual 5k.  You were supposed to try to get your sweetheart to run with you.  I don't know that I am ever going to be able to get Brian to run with me, so I am okay going it alone.

However, the big news... I knocked 1 minute and 36 seconds of off my January Virtual 5k.  I got my 5k done in 50:11.  Still turtle pace for most, but I was very happy to see I have gotten a little faster in a month!

My running week wasn't as good as I had hoped.  On Wednesday/Thursday, I managed to fall on the ice 3 times, each time hurting/landing on my right leg.  I have a nasty bruise, some scrapes and a really sore knee.  I managed to get in 6 miles last week, so I am still pretty happy about that.  I can come back strong tomorrow and get another 10 miles this week.

I will leave you with a quote my buddy Jess shared last week that resonates with me so much.  I need to try to remember it all the time when I am running.  ♥

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far, it doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment