Monday, March 28, 2011

12 days and Counting....

And I am FUH-reaked out.  It's just a 5k.  I've got 4 of them under my belt so far.  But this "real" one scares the heebee-jeebees out of me.  Seriously.  Like I think about it, and I feel like I am going to puke.

I've been trying to keep my head out of my running.  All it's doing right now is making the running feel way more difficult. I KNOW I can do this.  I am going to do it.  But damned if the whole stupid thing doesn't make me shake in my running shoes.

Brian's been kind of "eh" in the support department about this, too.  I've told him I am a LOT little scared, and his reply is "So then why are you doing it?"  Makes me want to smack him.  But then the fear subsides a teeny bit.  Because I know why I am doing it.  I've WORKED for this.  I've worked hard. I've been running for 5 months, 1 week and 2 days.  I'm not going to be the fastest runner out there, but I AM going to be the fastest me out there.  And that's the most important thing.  I just need to keep repeating it to myself over and over and over and over for the next 12 days.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for sticking to it! You deserve this 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this, lady! I promise you.. once you hit that starting line, it's like the best adrenaline rush. You will definitely be able to do this! I'll be thinking of you.. my first 10K is Saturday! EEP!

    ReplyDelete