Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The One With Week 6 of the C25k DONE! and Monday Weigh Day

Okay, so I know it's not Monday.  I've been a tad busy lately.  Oh well, it is what it is, right?

So Monday's weigh in was good - I am down 1 more pound to 243! 4 pounds and I will be in the 230s.  And I have lost 27.8% of my goal! That's 17lbs in less than 2 months!  But moving on to bigger and better news....

I finished Week 6 of the C25k today!  I can now call myself a runner and not feel like the few minutes of walking I was still doing were cheating.  I ran for 25 minutes today, with no walking!  And I had a personal record for both pace and distance on the treadmill.  From here on out in my C25k journey, it's ALL running.  No more intervals for this chick!

As an added bonus, on my Daily Mile news feed today, one of my biggest supporters (Brodie) gave me a big shout out.  He's been very consistent on my workouts of congratulating me.  And the coolest thing is that he noticed how well I've been doing.  He's got 900+ friends on there, but he's seen the work I've done.  In less than 4 hours, I've tripled the # of friends I have on there who will be supporting me and cheering me on.  I haven't been able to stop smiling!  So Brodie, thank you SO much for being there and seeing me and what I've done.  And thank you, each of you for being there, and letting me be accountable to you.  I know you are there and watching and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment