Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nothing is going to get me down!

Last night was weigh day. I lost a pound. I know a pound is better than nothing, but I exercised almost everyday. I ate relatively well. There were a few meals in which I didn't chose the healthiest things, but I stayed within my calorie limits. I'm at a point in which the weight is not melting off the way I really want it too. The little voice in the back of my mind is telling me to do go Atkins, or do the Shakeology cleanse to drop pounds fast, thinking it'll give me a boost. But... the I really don't want to do either. I want to eat healthy everyday without cutting anything out of my diet. I know what to eat, I know what not to eat and I want to stay within those limits. I can't help but be a *little* bit disappointed in only losing a pound. This pound is off for life, and its a pound I will never have to lose again, and that is nothing to be disappointed about.

I let the number on the scale rule me too much. So I am going to follow the advice of my nurse at work, and I am going to skip my weigh in next week. When I get on that scale in 2 weeks I will be mid 260's and that will be a great great feeling!

I also have to make a confession. I am a depressed person. I have suffered clinical depression for a good portion of my life. Along with that I suffer anxiety. Since I have started exercising regularly I have not had to take any of my anxiety medication. I have been HAPPY! I am not letting stress get to me. I am smiling, and I am laughing. I want to dance!! In fact I have made a commitment to have regular dance parties. Granted I will be dancing with no one but myself but I can't wait to CRANK up the music and just dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment