Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The One With Week 3 DONE - for real this time!

Hey you!


Yeah you, Week 4 of the C25k. See me over here?  Just wanted to let you know I just kicked Week 3's butt, and you're next on my list.  So watch. out.  You've been warned!


I feel amazing!!! I am D.O.N.E with Week 3.  Week 4 and it's 5 minute runs don't scare me now.  I WILL do them. I am concentrating right now on just getting the running motion down for longer periods of time, even if it means I am "running" slower than I walk.  There is a HUGE difference in the effort needed to run and not walk.  So I'll get through the C25k, and then work on increasing my pace.  And I am still okay with repeating weeks if I need to.

However, today I was able to finish with an 18:25 pace!  That means I shaved more than :30 off my pace!  I think that's great, and am REALLY proud of myself.  I feel unstoppable now.

Which brings me to something else... if you have ever considered running, I HIGHLY recommend the C25k program.  I LOVE it now.  There is a definite endorphin high after doing any kind of workout, but the high you get from running is like no other.  And all it took was giving myself permission to admit it was hard for me, and to make it work for me!  Talk about a wonderful NSV!

And I really want to give Heidi a HUGE shout out.  She's been such a good friend for me to have on this journey.  I know a lot of you are supporting us, and cheering us on, and we love and respect each of you for that.  But she is doing it with me.  She knows my struggles and triumphs, because they are hers as well.  She knows I need my butt kicked into gear now and then, and she also knows I need time to wallow in self-pity (though she doesn't let me do it for long).  She knows because she's there, living it day in and day out just like me.  I really wish we were closer, because I think we'd have some great times working out together, and just laughing and living.  I don't know how many of you know this, but I've never really "met" Heidi.  We both belong to a mom's forum, and have learned more about each other through that, but this blog has taken our friendship to a whole new level.  And I am thankful everyday that I have her.  ♥ you bunches Heidi!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way Erin! Thank you so so much for being there for me! I wish we lived closer too, cause we'd have a blast, and we'd be the skinniest and healthiest mom's EVER!!!! You rock! <3 you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete