Tuesday, October 19, 2010

discipline and accountability

Last week Thursday I received some unsettling news. My psychologist told me I lack self discipline. What? No way! That is news to me! Okay, okay, so it wasn't exactly that big of a newsflash, but it wasn't nice to hear it come from someone else. He was completely right, and I needed to hear it. I thought about it Thursday. I thought about it on Friday. I thought about it all weekend. Last night I decided to do something about it. Today I'm actively working on my issues of self discipline, and accountability.

I woke up, and made my son his lunch, helped him get ready and got him to school. I came home, took my medicine and had something to eat, and checked my facebook, and just started my normal "mellow out" routine. Then I though "oh today I really gotta get this done" and I thought "oh I really need to exercise today" So I went into my Open Office (free word processor, too cheap to pay for microsoft LOL) and I typed in a list. And I typed in everything that I will get done today. I will make this list everyday. This will be my way of holding myself accountable. I'm no longer allowing as much "me" time as I have been having. Whether I'm in a good mood or not, whether I'm tired or not, I will be doing this. Life is too precious to spend getting fatter and fatter on the couch.

What are some of the ways that you hold yourself accountable so you can reach your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment