Okay, got that out of my system. Well, not really, but I can control it for the rest of the blog post. I've decided for me that Mondays will be my weigh days. I have a feeling it will help to keep me more on track on the weekends if I know that Monday morning will be my official weigh-in. I am getting on the scale periodically throughout the week, just to keep me on track too. But those weights won't count for my goal or reward.
Now would be a good time for me to explain the reward system I have put in place for myself. I have 2 systems in place - 1 for exercising and 1 for losing the weight. They will work together hand in hand. This is how it works for me...
- For every day that I exercise for at least 1/2 hour, I get a star on my chart. When I have accumulated 7 days, I get one reward day.
- For every 5lbs. I lose on my "official" weigh-in days I get a week of reward days.
What's a reward day you ask? It's a day to drive our new to us Suburban or Yukon XL. We haven't actually purchased one yet, so for the time being I am just accumulating time. My husband and I have vastly different ideas of how often we should drive this, so this is a good compromise for us, and something that I really want!!!
As of right now, I am sitting at 8 days of driving it! I can't wait.
For my other goals, this is what I would like to do:
- Get down to 199lbs. (reward for this is a Cricut - man I can't wait) - 61lbs. lost from SW
- Run at least one 5k in the next 6 months (need to check into availability on these)
- Possibly run the 1/2 marathon in our town in Sept. 2011.
- BE a runner. I want to have the ability to run. I want stamina and lung capacity for this.
I didn't really have a date in mind for this. I'd like to use Heidi's date though, so we are both working with the same goal in mind, and the same time frame. I know that puts me a little over 2 lbs. a week, so I might need to adjust the date to slightly further in April. However, I am not changing it yet. If I start adjusting goals before I even start, then what's the point? Gotta keep myself honest.
Along the way, I will be rewarding myself with things like new clothes as I need them. I can't have that as a main goal right now because of how much I hate to shop. Woo, a reward I loathe. No thanks. I am expecting this to change though.
What are some goals YOU are working towards? How are you keeping on track?