Saturday, October 23, 2010

The One With Things I Need to Remember

This is my list of things I need to remember as I start and continue on this journey. 

  • I had 3 babies in 4 years and 6 weeks.  That took a toll on my body!
  • I am not giving things up (sweets and unhealthy snacks), I am simply changing my treats to be more healthy and good for me and my goals.
  • The weight didn't come on overnight - it's sure as hell not gonna come off overnight.
  • Food is NOT a comfort mechanism.  It's a false sense of security. 
  • I am going to do this.  I will come out of my shell.  Hiding throughout life is no longer an option.
  • I want to LIVE!  Not just go through things day by day.  Every day that passes is a day I can NOT get back!
  • I want my boys to be proud to have me as their mom.  I don't need to be the "cool mom" but I sure as heck don't want to be the "fat mom" anymore!
  • This really is a journey.  There will be triumphs, but there will be detours.  I need to accept those detours as they come, and just try to find the quickest way back to my "highway to health." (And yes, you can sing that to the tune of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell.")
Heidi and I have both gotten some pretty awesome emails from friends and family, either thanking us for our bravery, or giving us words of support.  They are wonderful!  And please, if you are reading this, keep them coming, either in the comments of our posts or emailing us on Facebook.  You have no idea what they do for us in terms of motivation.  And I know we both have our days where we are waining in our motivation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment