Saturday, October 30, 2010

The One Where I Can See the Future

What, you didn't know I was psycho psychic?  But I AM!  I can see the future.

Do you want to know what I see?  I see me running my first 5k.  I see my husband and sons at the end of it, yelling and cheering for me as I get closer and closer to the finish line.  The finish line!  I see the finish line of a 5k.  And not from a spectator standpoint either.  From that of a competitor.  Do you know what it looks like?  It's amazing.

That's what I saw today on Week 2 Day 2 of the c25k.  I had to visualize it.  If I hadn't, I don't think I would have been able to finish.  I ran Day 1 on Thursday at the gym, and felt great.  I ran Day 2 today at home, and thought I was dying.  It has to be the incline on my treadmill, right?  What else could explain how much harder it was today?  But I did it still.

And you know what?  Though I know the view of that finish line is gorgeous - I bet the feeling of being there is even better.  I'll let you know.  Just gotta wait for the future to get here.

As far as my eating is going, I've been doing pretty good.  I won't lie to you and say it's been 100% and I have no room for improvement.  But I DO think about things a lot more before I eat.  And I really make it a point to look at food as fuel and not comfort.  I am trying to find comfort in other things, myself mostly.  That can be a bit trying at times.  I know I won't be disappointed by food - it's the same.  It can't hurt my feelings or tell me it hates me or fight with it's brother.  But it WILL make me unhappy in the long run.  So I try to remember that.  And try to move on.  And be happy with me. Because you know what?  I rock!  And so does Heidi. :) ♥

Oh, and as an aside, there is nothing like having to stop a run to wipe someone's butt.  Talk about a reality check. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment